Sunday, March 11, 2007

A ghost wandering in the hallways of past...

The sun is disappearing in the horizon
Splashing pigmallion all over the head
He is signing away in style
The warmth in my body fades away with him...

I am cold, even as sweat trickles down my brows
I look above and see veins of red and orange stretching across a purple skin
The wind is howling as it runs its cold fingers through my hair
Darkness has covertly taken over, planting its kiss on my forehead

The buzz in my head has faded, and in its place
A melancholic chant, It is calm, It is miasmic...
I walk on, walk on the stones and glass shards
I walk on, on the grass and the dew drops

I perambulate, I hip and skip to all my retreats
The hallways are crowded, crowded with humankind
Wherever I see, I see my friends, my acquaintances, even my enemies,
And right in the middle I see my consort

I cry out, yell, wave my hands
But all I garner is a wry smile, a tilt of the head
And warm droplets of tears down their cheeks
I try to catch it, but it passes right through my hand...

I can’t feel my steps, I am anesthetized
I run, run back to my past
I want my past to haunt me
I don’t want much...

All I want is a bright smile,
A friendly tousle, A morsel of my favourite chow
I want a warm hug from my love
And the blood to flow through me...

I walk along the corridors,
Like the blurry fog, hangs everywhere a deadly calm,
The doors slam shut as I walk across
And the light recedes to its basis

I dream of the fire and the sun,
I dream of the heat of the first shot of vodka,
I dream of love as life runs through my hand,
I dream of memories that had kept me warm in winter...
But I recede to the shadows,
I wallow in darkness,
I am but a ghost wandering through the hallways of the past,
I am the past........

1 comment:

Piyush said...

hey pretty nice poem dude..keep it up!

About Me

When Harry met Sally love happened, When Adam met Eve mankind happened, When Adam met Steve blasphemy happened, When Larry met Sergey Google happened, When mom met dad disaster happened!